Skip navigation

iPad mini won't play anything but Calypso

633 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 3:25 PM by Demo RSS
Pbrown925 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 23, 2013 4:41 PM

Tried restarting it and shutting off. It's not a huge deal I guess but gets annoying.

iPad mini Wi-Fi
  • Demo Level 9 Level 9 (73,755 points)
    Feb 23, 2013 4:58 PM (in response to Pbrown925)

I assume that you mean the sound in your notifications?

Did you check Settings>Sounds>and check all of the sounds that you can select from in there. If that's not what you are talking about, you really need to be more specific.

This is a little cryptic and doesn't really make a lot of sense coming out of left field like it is .....

"iPad mini won't play anything but Calypso"

Feb 24, 2013 1:41 PM (in response to Pbrown925)

Have you tried rebooting your iPad? That can cure a lot of little hinky issues that crop up.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Feb 24, 2013 3:25 PM (in response to Pbrown925)

Do you use restrictions? Settings>General>Restrictions>Allow Changes>Accounts. I don't know if using that restrictions enemy's someone from changing the alert tone, but I assume that of it did, the setting would be greyed out and unavailable to change from one sound to another.

You can try resetting all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will have to enter all of your device settings again.... All of the settings in the settings app will have to be re-entered. It does take some time to go through all of the settings and get them back to where they were.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.