Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2002 iPod 10Gb Wont sync or even show up in finder

i have an ipod 2nd generation firewire from 2002 that wont sync. when i hook it up to my macs none of them recognize it. even my g4 imac wont show it in finder. the ipod works well and charges with no problems. its just that when i hook it up to my mac computers and my pc it never shows up on any of them, not in itunes, finder, or windows explorer. im ready to just sell it on ebay if i cant get it working. i like to have it for the sentiment but i cant sync my music onto it which is the first reason i bought it. i do have an iphone and another ipod that i could use. but i want to use this ipod. thank you if you can help.

iPod classic, ipod 2002

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 5:21 PM

2 replies

Mar 1, 2013 3:31 PM in response to applecore power pc

Hello applecore.

I tried something simple and it worked for me.

Won't hurt triying:

1- Go to the WI-FI icon (up at the menu bar, at the top of the screen) (-I am assuming that you don't know where it is, if you do, just go to 2- there is a triangle with bars and rounded edge. This is the WIFI icon).

2- Click on it and then disable the WIFI connection (click on "Turn WI-FI off").

3- Wait some seconds and turn it on again.

4- My iPod appears in the iTunes side bar now.

That's all I do and, as I said, it works for me.

Hope it will work for you too.

GM

2002 iPod 10Gb Wont sync or even show up in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.