Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad was locked & disabled & tried every possible way to restore but nothing is working - After select Restore, & waited for updates to finish, gets iPad Cannot be resotred at this time because server could not be contacted - Pls help

Friends,

My iPad2 was locked and disabled because my kids entered several times the passcode and now it is locked. I tried every possible ways and read all related items and followed precisely articel http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1212 but after i restored and update teh iPad, itunes keeps giveing me the same message:

The iPad "iPad" cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not becontacted or is temporarily unavailable.

I tired at different time of teh day and noght and different days yet kept getting the same message.

Pls assist me as now the iPad is useless

Regards,

Joe

User uploaded file

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 11:10 PM

3 replies

Feb 23, 2013 11:24 PM in response to Jchamsed

If reset doesn't work, try and force the iPad into Recovery Mode.

Recovery Mode

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.

2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

3.While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button. iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.

Note: Data will be lost. You may have to repeat the above many times.

Feb 24, 2013 12:14 AM in response to Jchamsed

thanks for your prompt response but unfortunately, i have tried all mentioned steps and did my thorough researched and checked every possible published solution with several recovery times using different dates and timing and yet still goven the same message.

I even tried using different computers including my Windows and iMac which i never sync'd my iPad with it and yet the same result - not recovered! and my iPad keeps going into Disabled mode and iTune keeps asking for the passcode!

I cannot believe a simple problem like passcode cannot be resolved easily in iTune or special utility asking few geniuine questions to unlock it! i have lost tons of applications and invaluable kids pictures and vedeo yet cannot even open te stupid iPad. Thi sis Apple company and tons of guru and smart developers yet the most stupid tools to use is iTune to manage those machines!!!

Please more ideas.

My iPad was locked & disabled & tried every possible way to restore but nothing is working - After select Restore, & waited for updates to finish, gets iPad Cannot be resotred at this time because server could not be contacted - Pls help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.