Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black interruption while watching a movie

Dear all,

Here is the little trouble i have with my new apple tv 3. I have some movie on my imac 27'' that i convert to import them into Itunes (the last one) with ivI. I check my movie in itunes, and they are perfect. So those movie are not bought from itunes, but are rip from a DVD.

Then i want to watch them on the apple tv. Every few minutes, i have a black interuption of the image of the movie (not the sound) for a bit less than 1 sec...

Maybe that could be link, but sometimes when i use airplay from the ipad (3generation) the size of the image change, it become bigger and i lost the upper and lower part of the image.

I don't think it's a network issue. My imac and the apple are connect to the router with ethernet cable.

I also did a restore of the apple tv and the problem is still there...

If any one had the same issu and that they fix the probleme, you help is really welcome

Thank you for all

seb from belgium (sorry for the bad english...)

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 11:42 PM

3 replies

Feb 25, 2013 5:20 AM in response to Winston Churchill

i haven't check yet. I never purchased a movie on itunes. My apple tv a pretty new!

But i resolved the problem with the ipad mirroring. I change the format of my tv. It was set on "auto" and this lead to a resize of the screen. So now, this is ok. But i still have the problem of the black interuption in the middle of a movie. I also added an other movie to itunes, and it does the same!

Thank you for your interest in my problem Winston Churchill from UK

Feb 25, 2013 5:28 AM in response to sebastienfromwoluwé-saint-lambert

If your conversions are not done properly it can cause problems with playback. Of course this may not be the problem, but if it's not it needs eliminating from the list of possible causes. Can you try a fr*e (one that doesn't cost anything) TV show (if you have access to one) or a video podcast or something to see if the problem still occurs with content you haven't converted yourself.

black interruption while watching a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.