Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant view screen

Hi,

I have a classic colour screen ipod, 30gb. The screen of the ipod is now unreadable. It is not cracked, it is like the dye on the inside of the screen has leaked like ink.

Is this something that can be fixed or do I just buy a replacement?

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 1:50 AM

Off the top of my head that is a 2005 model (or at least there-abouts), which means that Apple Support has deemed it "Vintage" and therefore the only Apple-supported option is to replace the device.

Depending on your locality, Apple offers an iPod recycling program where you would receive a 10% discount for trading that device toward a current model.

Cheers 🙂

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2013 1:50 AM in response to pepster77

Off the top of my head that is a 2005 model (or at least there-abouts), which means that Apple Support has deemed it "Vintage" and therefore the only Apple-supported option is to replace the device.

Depending on your locality, Apple offers an iPod recycling program where you would receive a 10% discount for trading that device toward a current model.

Cheers 🙂

cant view screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.