Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple keeps asking me to create a username

User uploaded file

how come apple keeps asking me to create a username, when i type in a new username it keeps saying that an account utilizing this email adress already exist...... i have at least 3 accounts that wont let me access my apple support community! it keeps directing me to this page😠 at one stage i had to change a primary (@old) email to (@new) of one of my accounts and when i changed it back to @old i can no longer create or log in using the @new is there a way to delete the accounts ? i ran out of email address to use and so i had to create this account

please help me !!!

i need to be able to log into the accounts so that i can find an answer to https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4835775?answerId=21338240022#21338240022

(i cant access the ajarabelo3 account)

apple support community-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 4:48 AM

You will have to create another email address - a free one from Yahoo or GMail would be an easy solution.

8 replies

Mar 3, 2013 3:45 AM in response to janoskians_S

You can only update apps using the account which you used to purchase them in the first place: but that's your login in iTunes. It doesn't have to be the same as the login here. You can read any posts here with any login which gets you into the Discussions: if you want to follow up a post you made under a different login just make it clear in the content that you are the same person.

Mar 3, 2013 4:29 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

i realised that a few days ago. so i tried to locate the pasword for that old account through email and i specfically remember it was sent to me@example.com but when i log in the reset info is not there....? when i created a new account using the same email i was surprised it allowed me ... but when i log in to the apple support community it asks me to make a username then when i do the picture above appears... is that the reason why i cant access my old account ? ive tried all the passwords when i am updating but nothing works... ive even tried deleting the apps and reinstalling them ...

this person has the same problem as me

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3419671?start=0&tstart=0

Mar 3, 2013 4:53 AM in response to janoskians_S

You can't access the old account unless you can get a working password. If you have tried resetting it and haven't received the email, you will have to contact iTunes Support:

http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

If you really want to create a new account you will have to make a new Apple ID and you can't re-use an address which has already been associated with any other Apple ID - but you already have an account which gets you in here, so making another one won't make any difference.

apple keeps asking me to create a username

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.