Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone downloaded and used the Crucial Mac System Scanner? any problems?

The Crucial Mac System Scanner does not have a Gatekeeper ID. Has anyone had any adverse effects from using this application to determine hardwre upgrade compatibility? In other words, is it safe?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5), Hardware Upgrade Scanner App

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 4:33 AM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2013 4:35 AM in response to SkiFront4

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

If you downloaded it from the Crucial website, you can run it without any problem. Gatekeeper is a great security system in some cases, but if you downloaded an application from its original website, that only means that the application wasn't updated to include Gatekeeper. Note that developers have to update their apps to have Gatekeeper support.

To install that app, just right-click the installer and press Open

Feb 24, 2013 8:25 AM in response to mende1

Curcal.com is a well respected Mac memory vendor. It is highlly unlikely they would do anything stupid to cost them that well earned reputation, not to mention the business they would loose 🙂

And yes, I've run that app.

I've also purchased RAM from them. The most recent a 16GB upgrade for my 27" iMac. Before that a 3GB upgrde to my Mac mini, and before that a 6GB upgrade to my Wife's Macbook Pro.

MacSales.com (OWC) is another well respected Mac memory vendor. MacSales.com also has videos on installing RAM upgrades. So does YouTube.com 🙂

Has anyone downloaded and used the Crucial Mac System Scanner? any problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.