Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple software differ from country to country?

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to buy an iPad mini in Japan, so i'm thinking if there would be any problem regarding it's software? I've asked a friend from Japan and said that some software are being changed to fit in (but he didn't specifically say apple gadgets) like an american game doesn't work in the device. So would there be a difference if I buy it in US, or in Japan, or in Philippines? Thanks!

iPad

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:01 AM

All iTunes, App Store and iBooks content is not available in every country in the world. Some countries have very limited access with regard to what is available in the various stores. Some countries restrict FaceTime (UAE, Saudi Arabia) so if you were to buy an iPad in one of those countries, you would never be able to have FaceTime on your iPad.

If you plan on getting a cellular iPad you might want to check to see what cellular data providers will work with the iPad that you plan to purchase as well.

Read this for some more information about iTunes content.

iTunes Store: Which types of items can I buy in my country?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2013 6:01 AM in response to wilbertmorada

All iTunes, App Store and iBooks content is not available in every country in the world. Some countries have very limited access with regard to what is available in the various stores. Some countries restrict FaceTime (UAE, Saudi Arabia) so if you were to buy an iPad in one of those countries, you would never be able to have FaceTime on your iPad.

If you plan on getting a cellular iPad you might want to check to see what cellular data providers will work with the iPad that you plan to purchase as well.

Read this for some more information about iTunes content.

iTunes Store: Which types of items can I buy in my country?

Feb 24, 2013 7:24 AM in response to wilbertmorada

Apple cannot add FaceTime onto a device if it is restricted on that device. The warranty has nothing to do with this. Apple must comply with the laws in each country in which they want to do business. Store content and the availability of such is determined by licensing and copyright laws in the different countries of the world.

Apple can only sell music, apps, books, TV Shows, etc. if the content is licensed to be sold there and if the government allows such content to be sold. You will be purchasing from the Japanese Stores so you can see what will be avialable for purchase by using the link that I posted in my response above.

You must have a valid credit card that is associated with an address in that country in order to buy from that store. So you need to have a Japanese credit card that has a Japanese address on the billing statement in order to buy for the Japanese Stores on the iPad.

Does apple software differ from country to country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.