Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install Microsoft Office 2013 on my Mac via my Windows 8 Parallels Desktop 8 partition?

I recently bought a copy of Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013 and Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac.

I wanted to install a Windows partition on my Mac so that I could run MS Office 2013 on a virtual machine.

I set up the VM, and everything was looking fine and worked smoothly.

Then, when I inserted the MS Office 2013 disk into the CD drive, nothing happened!

I tried to install MS Office 2013 but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 7:42 AM

4 replies

Feb 24, 2013 11:43 PM in response to Iamawesome997

To be sure, the Parallels Desktop 8 Application is installed and running all the latest updates.

I've already successfully loaded Windows 8 onto the program.

The VM works perfectly.

Now comes te problem;

The system doesn't recognize the disk as a Microsoft application.

When I insert the disk in my DVD drive, the disk appears on my Mac desktop, not my Windows desktop.

If I click on the icon, it will open a Finder window on my Mac desktop that will show he contents of the disk, but the installer won't launch in my Windows VM.

How can I get the MS Office to be recognized in my Windows VM?

Feb 24, 2013 11:54 PM in response to Iamawesome997

In the Configure menu item, under Virtual Machine, configure the CD/DVD to be recognized by your SuperDrive:

User uploaded file

The only drawback is that you have to quit Parallels for the drive to be recognized by the Mac again.

I just purchased the Office 365 subscription for both Office 2011 on my Mac and Office 2013 on my Windows 7 side - sure makes life simpler, and less expensive.

Clinton

How do I install Microsoft Office 2013 on my Mac via my Windows 8 Parallels Desktop 8 partition?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.