Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy Microsoft office for MacBook pro will I be able to use diacritical marks for Welsh input? Welsh requires a circumflex sometimes on a,e,i,o,w and y, in addition to a diaeresis. An acute accents are not a problem as they occur in other languages.

If I buy Microsoft office for MacBook pro will I be able to use diacritical marks for Welsh input? Welsh requires a circumflex sometimes on a,e,i,o,w and y, in addition to a diaeresis. An acute accents are not a problem as they occur in other languages.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:51 AM

5 replies

Feb 25, 2013 5:45 AM in response to Alberto Ravasio

Thankyou for the infomation. I've already selected Cymraeg as my input language, but haven't yet bought the word processing software. I've been using Microsoft Office 2003 on a PC which posed no problems for Welsh as I customized keys to suit the diacritics needed, so what I want is the same facility on my new MacBook Pro.

I assume that you inserted your text from Office 2011. If this is the case I'll certainly buy the software.

Are there codes for using accents in email? I've been using accents for writing messages in Spanish but cannot do so for Welsh?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.