Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i "Mark as Read" multiple emails at a time?

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 7:24 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2013 7:31 AM in response to fserrano@tag

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an iPod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.1.2. I will be glad to help solve your problem with your iPod/iPad/or iPhone.

Go to your mail App, and Tap edit. Then tap all the mail that you want read, then tap the little Arrow, and Tap "Mark As Read

Hope that helps!

If none of the above solutions work, could you please reply back as soon as possible, as I will try to find another solution to your problem.

Sincerely,

Pizza98704

(Parts of this message was copied and pasted --> I have a document all ready to go)

Some Helpful Links:

Apple Support Link: http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Genius Bar of an Apple Store: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Feb 24, 2013 8:47 AM in response to fserrano@tag

Hello,

I am currently an owner of an iPod Touch 4th generation, running IOS 6.1.2. I will be glad to help solve your problem with your iPod/iPad/or iPhone.

I`m sorry to say... but thats all you could do!

fserrano@tag wrote:

Thanks for your reply, however, the solution i'm looking for consists of avoiding having to touch every email but instead to, for example, have the ability to just tap "Mark all emails as read". Another replier states this cannot b done. Your thoughts?

Nov 29, 2015 3:43 PM in response to fserrano@tag

I am still using 6.1.2 and for anybody else, here is the solution! Courtesy of IPSOFACTO

There is no standard feature on iPad to mark all your emails as “read”. Sure, you can do it one by one but if you’re getting tons of emails like me that’s not really an option. Fortunately, there is a little trick.

1. Open Mail App.

2. Click edit.

3. Select one email.

4. Press the mark button, but keep pressing it.

5. While holding down on the mark button, unselect the email you selected.

6. Release the mark button, press the mark button.

7. Choose “Mark as Read”.

That’s it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.