Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 in verizon

hi i have the iPhone 5 bought it on the net as seond hand, i found out that its locke on verizon, but its unlocked in GSM, i can use it with other GMS carrier here in the middle east, but as far as i know my phone is under verizon even its unlocked, im not the owner who purchased it in verizon, so it means that this iphone have monthly bills what if no body pay for it, will the phone will be locked??

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.1, White 16 GB

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 8:42 AM

6 replies

Feb 24, 2013 8:47 AM in response to pao2

It was purchased to be used with Verizon's network in the US with the GSM portion of the iPhone unlocked to be used with any GSM carrier's network outside of the U.S.

If this iPhone was sold by the owner who had it activated with Verizon, or if it was lost or stolen, the owner is no longer paying a monthly bill to Verizon associated with this iPhone.

An iPhone that was sold as unlocked when new or that was sold as carrier locked originally and was unlocked by the carrier after the fact cannot be re-locked to the carrier by the carrier it was sold as carrier locked with.

Feb 24, 2013 9:18 AM in response to pao2

You're welcome.

No one is continuing to pay a Verizon bills associated with this iPhone. The iPhone was either sold by the owner or it was lost or stolen. Either way, no one will continue to pay a Verizon bill associated with this iPhone.

An iPhone can be deactivated by the carrier that it is currently activated with, but a carrier cannot lock a phone after it has been unlocked.

Feb 24, 2013 9:39 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Hi allan,

I appreciate your prompt reply =)

"No one is continuing to pay a Verizon bills associated with this iPhone. The iPhone was either sold by the owner or it was lost or stolen. Either way, no one will continue to pay a Verizon bill associated with this iPhone."

1. Do you mean that no worries even no body pay for the bills?

"An iPhone can be deactivated by the carrier that it is currently activated with, but a carrier cannot lock a phone after it has been unlocked."

1. What do you mean by deactivated by the carrier that it is currently activated? are you preferring on my current international carrier now (which my carrier here in the middle east?)?

2. Are you saying that Verizon cannot re-locked my iPhone 5 even i won't pay the monthly bills?

3. What about the contract?

Im sorry for being rude, just want to know details of it,

By the way where you from in US? do you use Verizon contracts?

Thanks in advance!

Feb 24, 2013 9:47 AM in response to pao2

1. Do you mean that no worries even no body pay for the bills?

Once again, no one is continuing to pay a Verizon bill associated with this iPhone.

1. What do you mean by deactivated by the carrier that it is currently activated? are you preferring on my current international carrier now (which my carrier here in the middle east?)?

The carrier an iPhone (or any cell phone) is currently activated with can de-activate the phone with their network. This means the carrier you currently have the iPhone activated with.

2. Are you saying that Verizon cannot re-locked my iPhone 5 even i won't pay the monthly bills?

3. What about the contract?

Once again, a carrier cannot lock a phone after it has been unlocked. This includes Verizon.

You have no concerns whatsoever with the Verizon contract that was associated with this iPhone.

iPhone 5 in verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.