Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creating still frame

Hi all,

there was a way with an older iMovie, where one could create a still frame out of a movie clip.. I believe it was command+shift+s... and it created a still frame for 5sec... then there was a way to export that into a .jpeg!

Any thougths on how to accomplish this?

Michel

2-G5 1.8ghz, 1.5GB ram, 2-23Cinema displ, Epson 900, Sony TRV-17, MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:57 AM

For my recommended way to do this, see my post here.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3231

4 replies

Feb 24, 2013 1:03 PM in response to AppleMan1958

I appreciate the help on this one.. but this is a little too much involved for what I need to do right now....

using imovie 6, I looked into the help section, and it tell me that I can export to expert settings... mpeg-4, BMP, Picture.... picture is the one I want... but tried it and do not see an option.

further, when I dod command+shift+E, (export) I see the dialog window with a "share selected clips only" with a selection bos next to it. if I remember right, this box had to be selectd to export a JPEG... but I cannot selct that box.. it is greyed out!

Feb 24, 2013 1:55 PM in response to AppleMan1958

While I was w8ting for the answer, I found a similar way to doing it... but more payfull.

1st- I moved the playhead to where I wanetd to and did Command +shift+ S...it created a 5 sec DV still .

2nd selected that DV still into the side pane and did Command + shift +E (EXPORT) [and selected the "share selected clips only"] "Export to Quick time --> expert settings--> Export movie to picture --> selected compressions type Photo/jpeg and voila! I had a jepg of the moive clip!

I went to China, in order to take a short trip of 2 miles.... I took the looooong Route... Like they say... there's more than one road that leads to Rome!..... Got there... but on the back of a Donkey when I could have taken an ariplane! lol

Thank for your help.... I'm gonna save it in my notes! Gonna take the fast route next time!

Michel

creating still frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.