Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm a still photographer who is using Motion5 for presentation of my work.

I'm a still photographer who is using Motion5 for presentation of my work. I'm exporting images out of Photoshop at 4000, 3840 or 1380 pixels wide at 72 DPI

I;m trying to see which file size will render me the best sharpiness for my images. I'm having issues because as a photographer I need my images to render very sharp when view in my Motion5 projects. I look at the properties menu the canvas size is 1280 by 720. Yes I know Motion5 is rendering my files at 30 frames per second or something like that. Yet I need sharp rendering of my images, help

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 10:48 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2013 2:04 PM in response to leewhite57

For maximum sharpness, your canvas should be 1920 x 1080 for HD output and set your export settings (or Canvas Render settings) to Best. Upon export, you can access that property in the export dialog from the Render tab > Render Quality -- the default is Use canvas setting, but you can override your canvas settings here. Since one of your pix sizes is 1380, then the 720 canvas would be the maximum size you could use. You do not want to scale images larger to fill the canvas as they will soften in appearance, but you can always scale images down to fit the canvas and retain their "apparent" sharpness (you still lose pixels and fine detail, but the images will sharp).

HTH

I'm a still photographer who is using Motion5 for presentation of my work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.