Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV basing language settings on IP?

Hello. I am an American residing in Naples, Italy and today I noticed all movie descriptions were in Italian. No matter how many times I tried to reset the language settings it would revert back to Italian. What's worse is that the movies now all play with Italian overdubs. Please fix this issue or Apple TV will be useless to me and many others living overseas.

Any help appreciated.

Jim

Apple TV, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:46 AM

8 replies

Feb 25, 2013 3:17 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Cute, but that doesn't solve my problem. Not to mention that it's pretty bad business practice if this is a new implimentation. There are thousands of Americans who reside overseas and not all of them speak the host language. Why offer language settings if Apple TV overrides it based on the IP address?

As I stated before, this is a new phenomenon and most likely created by a programmer who didn't put a lot of thought into the new update.

Feb 25, 2013 3:23 AM in response to jimhedd

I'm not saying it isn't a new phenomenon to you or that it hasn't been just fine for you before or indeed that there is no workaround or likely to be one. I'm merely pointing out that the ToU for the iTunes Store state that you cannot download content from the US store, outside of the US and that they have been like that for as long as I remember.

Apple TV basing language settings on IP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.