Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Imac want to transfer my data (not songs) from IPAD/IPHONE

I was recently in an Apple approved retailer from whom I have ordered my new 2013 iMAC 27. I asked how I could ensure that my IPAD (first generation) and IPHone 4 could be backed up to the new compurter without losing my data. I do not want my data on the cloud and I am trying to do a new install with as few caary-overs as possibe.

I ma on an old IMAC 24 running Leopard.

I know how to move my Itunes library.

The shop said simply put your back-up in the right location in the Library and do a restore from back-up and all will be well. Does this work?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:21 AM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2013 11:23 AM in response to VR8

If you want to migrate your files from your old iMac to your new one, your iTunes library with all your devices information will be transferred to the new Mac, so you won't have to do anything more. You can do this during the first startup of the new Mac

If you only want to transfer the iTunes library, follow these steps > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1751 (Note that the "Restoring your iTunes Library backup" step must be done in your new computer)

New Imac want to transfer my data (not songs) from IPAD/IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.