Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging access program

With the previous update of 6.1 and now with the newest update, the messaging access program (M.A.P.s) connecting my phone-to-car is no longer working. Before, with 6.0.1, my car (2013 Nissan Altima) would notify me when a text message was received. Now, nothing is notified. Is anyone experiencing these issues? Do anyone know of a fix? Apple, are you aware of this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, And 6.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 11:26 AM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2013 9:44 AM in response to Coachlos83

I am having terrible problems connecting to my Bluetooth system in the latest round of OS updates. I have been on the phone with Apple Support and Nissan. Nissan has changed nothing and verified compatablity in 11/12 with OS 6. There is no firmware update.

The Apple folks are saying "apple os 6.1.2 Nissan Bluetooth not compatable Alright, I understand that iOS 6 worked with the system, but we are now 4 updates passed iOS 6. Like I mentioned before Apple does not make other companies keep up with the compatibility of their systems. Downgrading the operating system is not a supported feature, but that does not mean it can not be done. If you wanted to downgrade your operating system on the iPhone Jeff then you would have to perform this task on your own unfortunately I can not assist with that."

This is a bunch of crap. It seems like Apple is losing their way. RIP Steve Jobs. This is sloppy. So is Apple Maps. There seems to be a different level of attention to detail these days and not towards the possitive.

Please let me know if you are able to find resolution to your issue

Feb 28, 2013 9:59 AM in response to Dbassmon

Since posting my first problem, I spoke to Nissan BlueTooth and received a decent answer. The tech told me that they are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. They said it is happening with all ios6+ os. The tech told me to check back in a few weeks for the response. They said it will be either a wireless update or one that requires going to the dealership. I hope this helps some what. I know it's frustrating brother. They need to feed their beta os to car carriers if they really want to have a seemless approach to safer driving. Like they claiming in the keynote.

Feb 28, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Coachlos83

I got a senior level tech at Apple to help me out. Shout out to Jordan

This worked for me... see it works for you.

Shut off all apps on the Iphone, go in to preferences/general/reset/Reset Network Settings

Paired right up after that. Seems to be funtioning correctly again.

FYI - according to this Senior Tech, minor changes to the OS (6.xxx) should not be major differences in functionality or compatability. Nissan verified version iOS 6 as compatable with their system, minor edits and fixes to the OS in revisions should not void that.

Resetting you network connections will make the connection "new" in every regard so anything that may be ascew should reset.

Messaging access program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.