Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cisco Secure Desktop access denied and critical failure errors

Hi

Please can you assist me with the following Cisco Secure Desktop error.

"Access Denied

Your system failed to be validated by the Cisco Secure Desktop and will not be granted access.

Critical failure.

Cisco Secure Desktop must run and validate your system to proceed. Please verify your browser settings and configuration and retry."

Under "Weblaunch" Platform detection, Sun Java and Java Detection are ticked. The other items are unticked.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2013 6:09 AM

I am having the same trouble.

Anyone?

6 replies

Jul 24, 2013 9:30 PM in response to newMacUser09

In follow up to this, I don't get prompted to select a certificate, when I view the logging on the Cisco ASA during a connection attempt, I see that initially my user certificate gets presented to ASA, but then as the connectiong continues, the ASA is presented a Apple certificate instead of mine, how do I change that? I see an option within Java to prompt even if only 1 certificate is installed, but I am not getting any prompts...?

Nov 4, 2013 12:45 PM in response to alexkostov

I am having the same problem with Cisco and my Mac. I was able to access Cisco 2 weeks ago, but by Firefox only? Not at all now. I know that Cisco is having problems with the new Java 7.45 update. We have been told not to update to 45.
Please let me know if anyone knows what is going on and how to fix it! My IT people will not support my Mac!

~ All alone

Cisco Secure Desktop access denied and critical failure errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.