Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project showing up in files but not in imovie.

I created a project in imovie a few weeks ago and then exported it so I could burn a few disks through idvd. Everything worked out and happened the way I expected. The problem came today when I went back into imovie. I planned to export it once more (into a different file so it would be compatible with other programs) however the video was not in my project library. I found the video on my desktop. It is also found easily when searching through finder. The extension is .rcproject (the same as every other project shown in my project library) and it has not been modified since I last viewed it on February 17th. When I click on it it opens imovie. imovie is set as the default program for it to run on. It will not, however, play on imovie, it is not visible in the project library and I find myself unable to edit or export or touch this project at all. I spent well over 60 hours on this video as a presentation and will be crushed if I lose this project. I would really appreciate any assistance!

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 4:21 PM

Have you moved the .rcproject file?

iMovie will only see files that are in the Movies/iMovie Projects/ folder on your startup drive. Or they can be in the iMovie Projects folder at the top level of any other drive. It is anywhere else, iMovie will not see it.

2 replies

Project showing up in files but not in imovie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.