Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Open recent" menu is gone from Pages, Numbers

I just updated to 10.8, so I was able to get the latest Pages (4.3) and Numbers (2.3) But now whan I launch the Template Chooser for either app I no longer see the two lists "open recent" and "open an existing file." What happened to these shortcuts?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 3:40 AM

Pages ’09 v4.3, Numbers 2.3 on Mountain Lion.

It is Apple continuing to experiment with interface design. In the latest versions, Apple has removed “open recent” and “open an existing file,” from the Template Chooser panel. There is no user configurable setting to restore these items that were part of the program design.

With the Template Chooser open, you can still access the open recent menu from Pages > File menu. If you want to open an existing file, you can press command+O, and this brings up the File chooser that enables you to navigate to that existing file.

Progress ... ?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2013 3:40 AM in response to AdrienneA

Pages ’09 v4.3, Numbers 2.3 on Mountain Lion.

It is Apple continuing to experiment with interface design. In the latest versions, Apple has removed “open recent” and “open an existing file,” from the Template Chooser panel. There is no user configurable setting to restore these items that were part of the program design.

With the Template Chooser open, you can still access the open recent menu from Pages > File menu. If you want to open an existing file, you can press command+O, and this brings up the File chooser that enables you to navigate to that existing file.

Progress ... ?

"Open recent" menu is gone from Pages, Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.