Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud name

How do I change my iCloud name? I don't know how, but my husband's name appears on everything that I use my own iCloud account for.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 7:01 PM

I mean that when I try to send an e-mail using Mail, it says From: Husband Name <myname@icloud.com>. How do I fix this? It should be My Name <myname@icloud.com>. Same with everything on my computer. Anything that has been signed in with my iCloud account has his name. Everywhere I try to change it, nothing changes.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2013 7:01 PM in response to Imp68

I mean that when I try to send an e-mail using Mail, it says From: Husband Name <myname@icloud.com>. How do I fix this? It should be My Name <myname@icloud.com>. Same with everything on my computer. Anything that has been signed in with my iCloud account has his name. Everywhere I try to change it, nothing changes.

Feb 24, 2013 7:16 PM in response to Imp68

Thank you! Everything on my computer has reset and reflects my own name now. I did have to take a few more steps to get everything in order. So for others info: After changing your name in iCloud online, open up Mail and click the new message icon. When the new message pops up, select your new name from the "From" pull down menu then close it out. The next time you open it the old name will be gone. Then go to System Preferences, click on iCloud, click on Account Details, retype your name. Then everything will be set properly. Thanks again.

Change iCloud name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.