Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All contacts lost after update to iOS 6.1.2 - on iPhone AND Mac!!!

Hi. After updating my iPhone 4 to iOS 6.1.2, I noticed that my "Contacts" contained only my Facebook contacts, but no phone numbers. I then looked into "Contacts" on my computer (Macbook Air), and there is nothing left except my own contact and Apple!

I tried to restore to a backup in iTunes. It does not show me a list of backups, but only "last backup: today 19:23", which is the time I re-connected my phone after realizing I had no more contacts. It shows this even though I stopped the backup process, seeing I wanted the backup before that...

When I choose this backup, it shows an error and stops after several seconds.

There is no other backup to choose.

This is not the first time I have problems after an iOS-update, but this is the worst: It has erased all of my contacts on my computer as well! I use my iPhone for business! I must be able to rely on it!

Any ideas on how to get my contacts back?

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2, LOST CONTACTS

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 6:38 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2013 12:50 AM in response to Mi-tri

I'm having the same issue as Mi-tri.

Thanks stecarcia, I checked out that link and downloaded the trial version of the software and it confirms that my backup file in fact has all my lost data within it.

However, if it's in there, there has to be a way for the iPhone to access the information without having to pay for the Wondershare application.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

All contacts lost after update to iOS 6.1.2 - on iPhone AND Mac!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.