Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random HDCP error

I have been downloading and waatching (successfully everytime) HD movies through iTunes since I bought my Macbook Air in March of last year. I returned to continue watching an HD film I started last night and I now have to contend with and HDCP error; "The Selected Movie Wont Play on Your DIsplay"... where did that come from? ANone have a solution, patch etc... I can try. I cant be the only one with this problem. Please advise.

MacBook Air, iTunes HD Movies

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 8:26 PM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2013 7:28 PM in response to Calgarythomas

If you have iTunes set to start with your machine, try exiting and restarting iTunes. I was having a similar issue, iTunes was telling me that I could only play HD movies on a built-in display or an HDCP compliant external and all I have is the external. I don't even have an external monitor to connect to this thing. Exiting and restarting iTunes solved the issue and having it set to start with my machine seemed to be the problem as I also had another random error the other day (could not find my library).

Anywho, just an idea.

Random HDCP error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.