Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i change the colours of my events in iCal?

Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to change the colours of my events in iCal, and by default i've been given the option of 3 identical blues, a green and a red. Is there a way i can have more? I've done a little research into this and when others have had this issue there's been an 'other' option where by they can select any colour they wish on a colour wheel, where as i have my email address listed instead. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Many thanks,

Daniel.

User uploaded file

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 12:46 PM

Hi Daniel,

The option you have there is to change the calendar of the event (currently the "University" calendar in your screen shot) not the colour. It is the calendars that have colours in iCal not the events.

To change the calendar colour in OSX 10.7:

• Click Calendars (in the top-left corner of the iCal window), and select the calendar by clicking its name in the Calendars pop-up list.
  • Choose Edit > Get Info.
  • Choose a new colour from the pop-up menu in the top-right corner of the Info window.
  • To customize the colour, choose Other, and then make your colour selections in the Colours window.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

John M

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2013 12:46 PM in response to Community User

Hi Daniel,

The option you have there is to change the calendar of the event (currently the "University" calendar in your screen shot) not the colour. It is the calendars that have colours in iCal not the events.

To change the calendar colour in OSX 10.7:

• Click Calendars (in the top-left corner of the iCal window), and select the calendar by clicking its name in the Calendars pop-up list.
  • Choose Edit > Get Info.
  • Choose a new colour from the pop-up menu in the top-right corner of the Info window.
  • To customize the colour, choose Other, and then make your colour selections in the Colours window.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

John M

How can i change the colours of my events in iCal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.