6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2016 5:47 AM by userremoved
userremoved Level 1 Level 1

Hey guys and gals,

I'm trying to change the colours of my events in iCal, and by default i've been given the option of 3 identical blues, a green and a red. Is there a way i can have more? I've done a little research into this and when others have had this issue there's been an 'other' option where by they can select any colour they wish on a colour wheel, where as i have my email address listed instead. Can anyone clear this up for me?

Many thanks,

Daniel.

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 03.54.25 copy.jpg

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
Solved by John Maisey on Feb 25, 2013 12:46 PM Solved

Hi Daniel,

The option you have there is to change the calendar of the event (currently the "University" calendar in your screen shot) not the colour.  It is the calendars that have colours in iCal not the events.

To change the calendar colour in OSX 10.7:

• Click Calendars (in the top-left corner of the iCal window), and select the calendar by clicking its name in the Calendars pop-up list.
  • Choose Edit > Get Info.
  • Choose a new colour from the pop-up menu in the top-right corner of the Info window.
  • To customize the colour, choose Other, and then make your colour selections in the Colours window.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes

John M

Reply by userremoved on Feb 18, 2016 5:47 AM Helpful

Just for future reference... Can i add more calendars?

Thanks,

Reply by John Maisey on Feb 25, 2013 1:07 PM Helpful

Yes.

From iCal's File menu > New Calendar, then select where you want the calendar stored. In your instance probably 'iCloud". Then give the calendar a name.

John M

All replies