Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2011 logicboard issue

Hi everyone,

Hoping that I could get some advice on this issue i'm having (I'm using a Macbook Pro early 2011 running on OSX Lion 10.7.5).

I turned said macbook on yesterday afternoon and everything was running normally until the screen started to glitch, horizontal lines flickered across the desktop and any application I opened. This lasted about 20 seconds before my display was taken over by a blue tint.

I've ran through displays, rebooted my mac, had a guy from tech support walk me through rebooting it again, updated my software, checked on an external screen and done pretty much every other troubleshooting trick known to man to fix this problem. It didn't. (Might also be worth adding that today when I turned it on, I had another 20 or so seconds of normal coloured screen before it went blue again)

I'm aware i'll have to go to a Genius bar and see someone there, I preemtively booked an appointment when first I noticed this problem. I'm also aware that they are probably going to tell me it's my logicboard, it needs to be replaced and i'll have to pay some ridiculous price (because i'm out of warrantee) to have it fixed.

I've done my research on the myriad of issues the early 2011 model has had and i'm going to bring this all up with whichever Genius I see.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem and how were you received by Apple? I have no intention of paying for a fault that has been widely recognized by Pro users and I find it really disappointing that it becomes the consumers problem and not the company's.

Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 8:47 PM

2 replies

Macbook Pro 2011 logicboard issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.