Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased OSX Mountain Lion for my Macbook Pro and started the download at 5:00pm Sunday evening. It is now 10:00am Monday and it is approx. two thirds done and doesn't seem to be making any further progress. Suggestions?

I purchased OSX Mountain Lion for my Macbook Pro and started the download at 5:00pm Sunday. It is now 10am Monday and is only two thirds finished downloading and doesn't appear to be making any additional progress. I am upgrading from Snow Leapord v10.6.8 and have installed all the current upgrades.

Suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:11 AM

Hello:

It is difficult to tell what has happened..... I would restart your computer, and begin the download again. I do not recall if it starts over or resumes... The download takes awhile, but your times seem excessive.

Barry

2 replies

Feb 25, 2013 7:41 AM in response to sherry lee

Did you check if you have sufficient RAM. Though Apple says 2GB, 4GB is much better as you need to take into account what other usage your RAM is put to.

Otherwise, agree with Barry; it does seem excessive. If you restart, it will either show as 'paused' or be absent from your purchase list. If paused, check out ...

Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

I purchased OSX Mountain Lion for my Macbook Pro and started the download at 5:00pm Sunday evening. It is now 10:00am Monday and it is approx. two thirds done and doesn't seem to be making any further progress. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.