Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp

I'm having problems running win7pro64bit on my mbp retina.

first i crated an usb-flash disk with an iso of win7. then i started with the bootcamp installation process.

during the installation process of windows i had to delete the windows partition wich was crated by boot camp because it was an ms-dos fat partition and i had to create an ntfs partition. after that i was able to install win 7. but now i do not have all the drivers i need for the macbook. mouse and keeyboard work. but airport for example does not. keyboardlight-, backlight-, soundvolume - controlkeys don't work aswell.

and i'm not asked which system has to start up. the macbook starts up in windows if i dont press the option key on startup choosing mac os.

1 did i do something wrong?

2 can i choose mac os as standart starup os??

3 where can i find the drivers i need?

4 can i install the win drivers while running mac os? i cant acces to the internet running windows without drivers and i dont have the usb drivers aswell...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 9:23 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2013 10:00 AM in response to stefano.simioni

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

Everything is working fine. After running Windows, Boot Camp changes the startup disk to the Windows partition to be able to finish the Windows installation properly.

To start into OS X, hold the X key while your Mac is starting. Then, to start always into OS X, open System Preferences > Startup Disk, and choose "Macintosh HD".

To run Windows properly, you have to download the Windows support software. To download it, open "Boot Camp Assistant", and tick only the option to download Windows support software. Then, it will be burned into a DVD or USB drive, so just start into Windows (holding the Option or Alt key while your Mac is starting, and choosing Windows) and install the drivers

boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.