Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Header - Pages 09 -remove from page one

How do I make it so that the header begins on the second page? (Yes, I have seen the threads on this, but they are not sinking into my head for some reason. Someone please explain it so I get it.) Pages 09, Mountain Lion. Thank you.

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:01 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2013 12:28 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

Jerry,

Thank you. I knew about this switch. I just didn't (and don't) know what to actually do with it. That is, where I place my cursor, and what I do. I have tried all of the permutations I can think of in terms of where I

place the cursor ( pg 1 header box, or later header box) and which boxes I check. Right now, the typed lines

of the header are NOT appearing on pg 1...so that's good. The problem is that the space the header

would occupy is still there. Thus, when I print page 1, the text starts too low. It is allowing room for

the header-with-no-typing. I can see the header box on page 1. It is occupying space. Is there any way to

keep it from occupying space? This was easier in Appleworks, where there was a specific style choice

for begin header on second page.

Feb 25, 2013 1:07 PM in response to Robert Arnold5

Robert,

The solution for you then is to not use any Headers at all, but rather to use a Text Box for the Headers.

First, turn off the Headers in the Document Inpector. (The reason you can't do what you want directly is that Headers and Footers are a Document Property, not a Section Property.)

Nexe, Insert a Text Box on Page two and set it as a Floating Object (Wrap Inspector). Also in the Wrap Inspector, set Object Causes Wrap and set the Wrap arrangement to the pattern on the right in the row of 5 selections below the checkbox.

Lastly, with the Text Box still selected, choose Format > Advanced > Move Object to Section Master.

Now you may have to push the text box up or down a bit to suit your top margin needs. Since you have selected First Page is Different, the Master object will not appear on the first page, but it will appear on all pages 2 and beyond.

Jerry

Header - Pages 09 -remove from page one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.