Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get bootcamp to recognize macbook keyboard?

I was trying to make more room on my windows harddrive so I stupidly deleted a few things. I deleted most of the apple created stuff, and now it won't recognize my keyboard to adjust the volume and brightness. Of all the things I need this is the one I really need back, and I can't do a system restore. I'm considering reinstalling Bootcamp but I don't have my Windows disk on me. Is there anything I can do to reinstall the keyboard recognizition?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:18 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

I think you uninstalled the Windows support software that makes your function keys work in Windows. To reinstall them, just reinstall the Windows support software you installed previously in Windows.

If you keep the DVD or USB drive with this software, insert it and reinstall it. If not, start into OS X and redownload the Windows support software from Boot Camp Assistant

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2013 11:18 AM in response to oathkeeper1113

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

I think you uninstalled the Windows support software that makes your function keys work in Windows. To reinstall them, just reinstall the Windows support software you installed previously in Windows.

If you keep the DVD or USB drive with this software, insert it and reinstall it. If not, start into OS X and redownload the Windows support software from Boot Camp Assistant

How to get bootcamp to recognize macbook keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.