Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Bootcamp install of USB Windows 7 , Thunderbolt Display

We need support from APPLE! BootCamp

Here are my issues.

Like many users, I must abandon the marvelous os x, and head to the darkside - Windows 7 for work.

I have a MBP early 2011. I must use Bootcamp, because of the resource hogging the 3d CAD programs I use. have tried to in the past with VMWARE, Parallels ect. with no luck

I have a Corsair Force GT ATA 120 gb SSD III, installed and my optical drive removed to accommodate my original Hitachi.

Remember, not to Install that Hitachi drive, until you have used a CD only install of windows 7 onto the SSD.

Why?- You can not boot from a USB disc that I am aware of, or use an external optical drive case, for your superdrive.

This is not ok, we need the capability to install windows 7 from something other than a CD. I went to reformat my SSD I was forced to open up my MBP case again. to reinstall the Super drive. Install Windows 7, then remove my superdrive and reinstall my 500gb Hitachi.

This is a royal, pain in the butt.

If a mac air has the capabilities of installing windows 7 from a usb APPLE, please give same rights to MBP.

Additionally, my osX runs like absolute garbage on the SSD, I rarely if ever use it because of the constant pinwheel I receive, I have researched this error, with

little or no luck, using apps like TRIM seem not to help.

I also own a thunderbolt display, and the fact that there is no support on connecting it without restarting the computer is also an issue.

Bootcamp Development -should add in fan speed Control,

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:49 AM

5 replies

Feb 25, 2013 11:52 AM in response to Buddah1200

Buddah1200 wrote:

We need support from APPLE! BootCamp

Here are my issues.

Like many users, I must abandon the marvelous os x, and head to the darkside - Windows 7 for work.

I have a MBP early 2011. I must use Bootcamp, because of the resource hogging the 3d CAD programs I use. have tried to in the past with VMWARE, Parallels ect. with no luck

I have a Corsair Force GT ATA 120 gb SSD III, installed and my optical drive removed to accommodate my original Hitachi.

Remember, not to Install that Hitachi drive, until you have used a CD only install of windows 7 onto the SSD.

Because you will need the internal superdrive to install Windows.

Feb 26, 2013 10:11 AM in response to Buddah1200

Buddah1200 wrote:

I am aware, but why, this is a royal pain, I do not like opening up my case more then I have to.

Just for a fresh install of windows should not be this complicated... how are the mac airs able to do this?

Mac Airs can install from a USB drive because they don't have an internal drive. Your machine does (or did) so you can not install from USB. Put the drive back in.

MBP Bootcamp install of USB Windows 7 , Thunderbolt Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.