257 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 3:08 PM by Roger Wilmut1
Actually it isn't an iCal question, it's that iCal needs to have a reference for you in Address Book. (Just your name and email address will do.)
Go to Applications/Address Book. Add a card as described in the quote below from the Help file:
To add a card for a new contact:
- Choose File > New Card or click the Add button at the bottom of the Name column, or if you’re viewing cards only, in the lower-left corner of the window.A new card is created with empty fields for the contact’s information.
- Add contact information, pressing Tab to move from field to field.
- If a field doesn’t apply, leave it blank; it won’t be displayed in the completed card.
- If the contact is a company, select the Company checkbox. The icon for a company is a building.
- To enter a two-line street address, press Return and add address lines. (You can add additional lines only to the street field.)
- To add a field, click the Add button next to a field on the card, or choose Card > Add Field and then choose a field from the menu.The Add button for a field appears on the card only after you’ve entered a value in the existing field. For example, if “friend” is on the card, after you enter the name of your first friend, the button appears so you can add another friend. Some fields, such as birthday, can have only one entry; the Add button doesn’t appear for those fields.
- When you’re done adding information, choose File > Save, or click the Edit button, to save the card.