Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion video filters not showing up in FCP

I need to use a couple of video filters, one being Kaleidoscope in a project I'm working on in Final Cut 5.1. I'd used these before on a different machine but couldn't find them on mine. I then read somewhere that Kaleidoscope is a Motion effect and Motion needs to be installed. I've now installed Motion but the filters aren't showing up at all in the list of effects in Final Cut. They are present in Motion itself but I'm not doing anything too technical and just want to use them within Final Cut.

I've quit the program and also restarted my computer to see if the new filters would appear on the list but there's still no sign of them. I work with Logic Pro quite a bit and I know that has a way to scan for new audio plugins after installing them. Does anyone know if there's something like this I can do within Final Cut to make the new effects filters show up?

Thanks

Final Cut Pro 5.1-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 5:30 PM

I don't know if that is possible. I started using FCP with version 6, which was integrated with Motion 3. You could take a clip and sending to Motion turn it into a mtn file and have your comp updated immediately in FCP after saving.

AFAIK, Motion was a stand-alone app when 5.1 was current.

So you may have to export the clips you want to apply these filters and import them into Motion…do your comp and export-import.

Maybe someone who remembers these workflows from first hand experience will chime in.

Good luck.

Russ

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2013 5:30 PM in response to nebulator

I don't know if that is possible. I started using FCP with version 6, which was integrated with Motion 3. You could take a clip and sending to Motion turn it into a mtn file and have your comp updated immediately in FCP after saving.

AFAIK, Motion was a stand-alone app when 5.1 was current.

So you may have to export the clips you want to apply these filters and import them into Motion…do your comp and export-import.

Maybe someone who remembers these workflows from first hand experience will chime in.

Good luck.

Russ

Motion video filters not showing up in FCP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.