Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Stuck Generating Preview

Every time I open Aperture I get the "Processing..." spinner indefinitely. When I open the Activity console I see that it is stuck generating a preview. I deleted the offending photo and restarted (I have to Force Quit every time) and I find that it is stuck on a new photo. I've deleted about 15 photos now and I feel like I'm just playing whack a mole. Some of these photos have been in my library for 3+ years, so I don't think there's anything actually wrong with them.

I have done the double-click+cmd+option trick to repair permissions, repair library and rebuild library, none of which seem to help. I've removed my Facebook account in case it was pulling a bad photo from there. I also attempted to open the library in iPhoto, but that app just starts beach-balling.

I'm using Aperture 3.4.3 on OS X 10.8.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 4:27 PM

I solved the problem by using Time Machine to pull up a slightly older version of my Aperture Library before the issues started.

1 reply

Aperture Stuck Generating Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.