Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Smart Playlist

Hi,

I like to go to sleep with a tv show playing. I have created a playlist to pick 5 random episodes of that tv show and have it automatically update by adding a parameter based on last played. The only problem is when the first episode is done playing it immediately gets taken off the playlist and a new one is added to the bottom, which causes the playlist to play indefinitely, instead of only the 5 episodes. I thought by changing the parameter to "last played not in the last 1 day" it would wait 24 hours to boot items from the list, but it still takes effect immediately. Anyone have any idea of how I can set the playlist up to only play 5 episodes at a time, but the next night have 5 new random episodes?

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 3:25 PM

Hoover, there is no way to tell a smart playlist to stop playing after 5 tracks. But here is an idea that should work:

Put the episodes in a regular playlist, and sort by Last Played, with the least recently played at the bottom. Make sure Shuffle is off, and start playback with the 5th from the bottom.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2013 3:25 PM in response to hoover4040

Hoover, there is no way to tell a smart playlist to stop playing after 5 tracks. But here is an idea that should work:

Put the episodes in a regular playlist, and sort by Last Played, with the least recently played at the bottom. Make sure Shuffle is off, and start playback with the 5th from the bottom.

Random Smart Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.