Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Snow Leopard & Leopard partitions from old Macbook 2007 (restored from Time machine) do not boot on new 13" MacBook Pro 2012

Bought a new 13 " MB pro 2.5 core i5 (2012) (not the retina) because old faithful Blackbook 2007 (Lion was its limit) fell off a table onto a hard floor. new MBP Came with 10.8.2 but I made 4 partitions to match what was on old blackbook.

One of the partitions with 10.6 on it was used to run my old Canon FB630U scanner so Snow Leopard was as far as I could go.

Canon would have been nice had they made updates that didn't require or need Rossetta or made the jump to lion. They have versions that work in Windows 7.

After the restore, I could not boot up 10.6 on my new Macbook Pro. Got the famous kernel panic (please restart). Using the SL install disk would not work even if I tried to boot from the CD and the install button showed the famous (Will not Work) sign when I booted up in ML in ML and inserted the MAC os SL dvd.

Other partition that I restored was Leopard. When I tried to boot it on the MBP, I did not get a kernel panic just a bright screen with no apple showing that something is happening. Had 2 choices meaning 2 partitions to run the scanner on the old blackbook, L and SL. Again the installers did not work when I tried both ways to install on that old Leopard partition.

Is there a work around that would permit me to run in either SL or Leopard on my new MBP? If this does not exist, then I'll have a giant Canon scanner paper weight.

Thanks

Ted

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 13" mid 2012 4 gig 500 gig HD

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 6:20 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2013 4:08 AM in response to Theodore Leja

Guess this solves the issue. Boo Hiss. Thanks

Hard to think of Leopard being associated with the Wright Brothers and Mountain Lion as a F35 but you're really referring to the hardware changes not the software.

Doubt that the roaring apps has the answer. One reason to boycott Canon products for not updating drivers of a perfectly good scanner meant to run in a Mac non intel world. Ironically intel is OK in the WONDOZE world.

Thanks

Ted

Snow Leopard & Leopard partitions from old Macbook 2007 (restored from Time machine) do not boot on new 13" MacBook Pro 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.