Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All My Files Folder - New Mac

Hi there,

I bought a Macbook Pro 13 -- this is my first Mac -- today and was having a lot of trouble downloading programs before.

I do a lot of web developing so I downloaded the Mono Framework software and found that a bunch of files were in my "All my Files Folder" I stupidly proceeded to delete everything in the All My Files because something went wrong in the installation. Now I can't remember if the Mac at the very beginning of my purchase had anything important in those folders like the PC Does (Windows Registry). Could somebody just confirm that there shouldn't be any files in the All my Files folder for a brand new mac?

Thanks for any help

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:46 PM

All My Files is merely a Finder Smart Folder. You can add or remove it from the Finder's sidebar via Finder Preferences. However, deleting files from an alias or a Smart Folder deletes the real item from the hard drive.

4 replies

All My Files Folder - New Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.