Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A few folder and apps ICONS are gone, totally transparent.

I recently upgraded from OS X 10.6.8 to 10.8.2, and now a few folder and apps ICONS are gone, totally transparent. Sometimes after multiple restarts, they temporarly come back, until what seems to be the next restart. I tried resetting the PRAM, and using OnyX to Rebuild the LaunchServices and Appearance of Folders Contents (remove the .DS_Store files). Is it still possible to do clean installs, especially from OS X App Store downloads?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 9:24 PM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2013 9:28 PM in response to RJC.NJNYC

Hello.

Were these custom icons or the default icons? If they are custom icons then you may have lost them during the transition. You should try going to the file and opening the Get Info windows with the file selected and pressing Command I. Then you can select the icon at the top of the get info windows and hit the little delete key on your keyboard. That should revert it to the default icon.

Hope this helps,

xeni

A few folder and apps ICONS are gone, totally transparent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.