Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Tascam 1641 on macbook pro

Hi,

I just got a macbook pro and I love it, but when it came to installing my Tascam 1641 interface into Garageband, then it got confusing for me(Have the driver cd as well).

Went from a PC to Mac so this is my first mac, still getting used to it and all. I need help on getting Garageband to recognize my interface somehow, I downloaded the newest driver update from the tascam site. Plugged in the usb, opened up garageband and did the preferences and it hasn't shown up...also I read some topics on a similiar problem but nothing so far. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but if someone can lend a hand, then that would be great.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 9:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 6:16 AM

Is it showing up in System Preferences > Sound?

2 replies

Feb 26, 2013 2:36 PM in response to isteveus

Yeah its showing up after I messaged a youtuber on how he got his connected. Turns out that I had to download the Tascam 1800 version of 2.00. Sometimes it recognizes it but I just open garageband into the recording track area then I power up my interface and a few seconds later, just plug in the usb. After 5-10 seconds it shows up and ready to go next.

Using Tascam 1641 on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.