Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much VAT/Mehrwertsteuer in App Store?

How much VAT do I pay on App Store (iOS) store purchases in Europe (German store)?

I'm writing off work related expenses, so it's important to know how much VAT and where that tax is paid (Ireland?).

Wieviel Mehrwertsteuer zahlt man im deutschen App Store (iOS) und wo (Irland/Deutschland?)

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 11:31 PM

9 replies

Feb 26, 2013 12:06 AM in response to capercailzie

I've searched for firm information but can't find it. What you appear to want is what is known as a VAT statement ... an account that specifies the exact amount of VAT included in that transaction.

You will have to write to Accounts and Billing about that. I'm not sure they will do more than confirm your purchase price includes VAT at a certain %age.

Apple - Support - iTunes - Account & Billing

Feb 27, 2013 12:22 AM in response to capercailzie

Very interesting. It actually begs more questions than it answers (though that's not your fault).

Why Luxemburg? Because it is a well known tax haven? You could not have made your purchase in the German App store without a German residential qualification and payment details to match. And German VAT is 19% (I believe). I am surprised the German Government (or, indeed, the EU) allows Apple to do this.

Feb 27, 2013 2:54 AM in response to capercailzie

IIRC you need to register with the App Store as a business and then they can supply you with VAT free as it counts as inter EU trade, the problem comes with the appleids as I think it would need a seperate one for the business account.

I gave up trying to figure out how to reclaim VAT as most of my purchases were for private use and the amount of VAT "lost" for business use was not worth the bother.

regards,

Shawn

How much VAT/Mehrwertsteuer in App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.