Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access the iCloud on my Mac via an iPad?

Hi, I am considering buying an ipad mini as I am going away for a fairly long time (Holiday not prison). Just come back from the shop empty handed as the salesman told me I cannot upload stuff to the iCloud I have on my Mac from the iPad but must have another iCloud account. He says I can access the suff I have but cannot change it or upload anything to that iCloud. Is this correct? Seems a bit weird to me after all what is the point of the Cloud if not for universal access.

Thanks

Wilf.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac 11,1 Intel Core i5. 2.66GHz

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 5:22 AM

Just what do you want to access via iCloud?

You can update/add Keynote, Pages and Numbers documents to iCloud from a Mac. If the Mac has Mountain lion and those apps (as well as the iPd having them) thay ae synce via iCloud.

Also see:

Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

13 replies

Feb 26, 2013 5:27 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the super quick reply. I would like to be able to retrieve documents, edit them, retrieve pictures, and forward them. I have Mountain lion and Icloud which is where I store my documents at the moment. I really did not understand what the salesman meant when he said I could not add to my stuff on the iCloud I already use.

Wilf

Can I access the iCloud on my Mac via an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.