Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPv6 Delegated Prefix doesn't stay set

Just as others have encountered after the upgrade to 7.6.3, the required field IPV6 Delegated prefix keeps getting unset. When I click on the error pessage about a broken IPv6 tunnel and click Edit, it highlights the remote IPv4 address, which is set according to the settings specified by tunnelbroker.net. Changing only the IPv6 delegated prefix field and clicking save then update doesn't prompt a reboot. I have to change some of the other fields for the reboot to take effect. My AirPort Extreme is circa 2007 and worked with the 7.6.1 firmware.

AirPort Extreme-OTHER, Other OS, Just upgraded to 7.6.3 firmware

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 8:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2013 11:37 AM in response to ecjb1969

I have this problem as well. I have tried both /48 and /64 prefixes, but nothing will stay set. I have tried setting it to automatic, reboot, change to manual, enter in all new settings. Nothing seems to work.

Apple needs to address this issue with a fix. 7.6.3 is either still broken, or the Airport Utility app is broken. It's one of the two.

IPv6 Delegated Prefix doesn't stay set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.