Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t print to my Canon printer since re-installing tiger

Hi, I recently upgraded my OS to Snow Leopard from Tiger but I experienced so many problems that I had to downgrade back to Tiger.

Since I have done this however, my mac does not recognise my Canon Pixma MX320 printer.

I’ve tried downloading the printer driver from Canon but it still doesn’t work...in fact when I go to print prefs no printers at all show up under the Printer Setup tab.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a MacPro 2 x 2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Thanks

Mike

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.1), 2 x 2 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 10:36 AM

9 replies

Feb 27, 2013 6:55 AM in response to Michael1611

Hi, I discovered that my printer setup utility was missing so I used Pacifist to get it from the install disk and placed it in the utilities folder.

This works in that the print prefs now see the printer but I don’t actually see the actual printer in the list of the various Canon printers in the Printer Setup tab...it has various options such as ‘Canon BJC - 3000 - Gimp-Print’.

I’ve tried various of these options but although it goes through the motions the job doesn’t print....so I’m close but no cigar just yet!

Any ideas would be very welcome...

Thanks

Mike

Mar 3, 2013 4:44 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi, before I tried to upgrade to Snow Leopard I was running Tiger 10.4.1 but since I downgraded back it doesn’t work at all.

I have tried to download these drivers but I can’t seem to link them to my printer...

MX320 series_071500

mx320sosxpd7150ea8

Tried the repair permissions route but that hasn’t worked either unfortunately...

Thanks

Mike

Can’t print to my Canon printer since re-installing tiger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.