Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6.1.2 huge battery drain- IPhone 5

Hi, I updated to 6.1.2 last night- my battery life was pretty much ok (lasting 1 day + with use throughout the day).

Was at 100% charge last night when updated to IOS 6.1.2- woke up with it at 20% no apps open.

Used a banking app for 3-4 minutes this morning on 3g and dropped 5%.

Saw the `upgrade` was to fix battery drain- didnt have an issue before but I certainly do now.

Any advice on steps to take?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 2:40 PM

7 replies

Mar 1, 2013 11:39 AM in response to qwagbo

After upgrade, my battery can only last for less than a day compared with before more than one day. and I could feel that sometime in standby, my iphone get hotter for no reason.

And more often my carrier tells me I am accessing their data network while I am using my own WIFI. compare with 6.1.1 just about once a day, This version is more wrose.

Mar 17, 2013 8:47 AM in response to qwagbo

I have been having this problem since 6.1.2 upgrade and have tried some of the fixes (close all apps and restart) unsuccessfully. This morning I killed Wifi and Bluetooth and am running just on LTE (Verizon) and it seems to be holding up much better than it has over the last few weeks. I am on vacation though; no telling what will happen when I get back to work/civilization and turn those back on.

IOS 6.1.2 huge battery drain- IPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.