Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play the following games on my Mac?

So.

I'm upgrading to parts in my Mac Pro. I'm changing the Video card to an ATI Radeon HD 5770. I'm giving it 8gb of ram and 500gb of HDD space.

I'm a gamer so can it play Minecraft, most Steam games, Borderlands Game of the year edition, Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and lastly run Skype.

Will my specs work?

Mac Pro 1.1

3.0Ghz x2

8gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb

500gb HDD

Mac OS X 10.7.2

Dual Cinema Display 23 inch

Turtle Beach PX21

Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard

Thanks in Advance

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), old Mac Pro, os upgrade

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 2:19 PM

First of all, if you are running OS X 10.7.2, you should install OS X 10.7.5, so open  > Software Update and install OS X 10.7.5 to get the most recent Lion version.

Your Mac Pro is completely compatible with those games (its hardware is perfect), so you shouldn't have any problem using them. Furthermore, they should run better than with any other Mac

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2013 2:19 PM in response to zsollila

First of all, if you are running OS X 10.7.2, you should install OS X 10.7.5, so open  > Software Update and install OS X 10.7.5 to get the most recent Lion version.

Your Mac Pro is completely compatible with those games (its hardware is perfect), so you shouldn't have any problem using them. Furthermore, they should run better than with any other Mac

Can I play the following games on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.