Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Bluetooth problems

Hello, i switched from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5 at the end of last year and every Bluetooth use that posed no problem with my 4s has become a pain in the ... with the iPhone 5. I ride a motorcycle every day and use a bluetooth headset integrated in the Helmet (Schuberth SRC 2 integrated in a Schuberth C3 Pro). Everything worked fine with the iphone 4s but with the iphone 5 i get shortened GPS messages( in 4.... meters turn...), dropped connections, the music player repeating the same song over and over again instead of moving to the next song in the list. Sometimes all of a sudden the iphone seems to transmit, a slight hum can be heard in the headphone thus blocking other uses of the headset like the integrated radio. In the car the phone simply randomly doesn't connect to the kit. I've read a lot of complaints about the iPhone 5 and Bluetooth. I've had every iphone since the first one and this is the first time i regret the switch to a newer model, several IOS 6 updates were released but none adressed that bluetooth issue. Will i have to trade the iPhone 4s back from my daughter?

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 2:27 PM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2015 11:04 PM in response to ojpcoach

Same here! Steve Jobs is dead. That is the reason. The rest of the world is not able to use its brain!!

APPLE, I paid 350€ for the src system and 400 for a used iphone 5s. Another 150€ for the touratech mounting kit. 800€ for a system that does not work (i bought src while I used the 4s and recently I thought it would be time for a newer device)! That is not only unfair, that shows that you are not longer able to get the same high quality that we customers were used to with the 4s. WE NEED STEVE JOBS BACK!!!

How do you explain your customers, that a newer device is not able to have AT LEAST the same capabilities as the older one??? You investigate your time in ******** like that terrible iwatch that exactly noone on this world needs!!! And you leave your customers alone with these INITIAL bluetooth problems. Btw, bluetooth has since IOS 7 never been your best work, I want to say you didn't know what you are doing!

APPLE, I never ever really thought I would say this, but the iphone 5s is the last apple device!! Your company has been getting on the wrong way. Devices that are unstable (banana-phone 6), useless iwatch, IOS with a musthaveintegration of that terrible black logo that I do not need. This is NO WAY to keep customers like me. I hope for you there will be more people that are of my opinion and leave apple with the next device. You deserve it!

Good bye apple, it has been a nice time. Maybe the next device, a windows phone, will work like expected. It cannot be getting more worse than IOS!

Erik

iPhone 5 Bluetooth problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.