Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless presentations with iPad

Being is sales, I would like to have a device that I could connect to a clients projector or tv for presentations and remain wireless from my ipad to move freely. That being said, I would rather not haul an apple TV with me in hopes that I can connect to their wireless network, or my mac book, otherwise i could just sit at my macbook and give the presentation. Any thoughts?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 4:14 PM

8 replies

May 18, 2013 1:27 PM in response to ehaus

I'd very much like to see the same thing. I'd like to see a dongle of some sort that plugs into an HDMI or VGA port on a projector that would allow me to send a Keynote presentation wirelessly from my iPad to the dongle and projector. I could see so many uses for this, particularly if it allowed me to keep presentation notes up on my iPad while sending the actual slides to the dongle.

Mar 6, 2014 9:52 AM in response to taurustraci

There are a couple projectors I've seen that claim to wirelessly connect to iPad or iPhone although I have yet to purchase or try one. For example, here's one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0085ZJTAE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1394128008&sr=8-2 . Also, there are dongles which advertise the same thing. Here's one of those: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H2D3N0M/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?qid=1394128008&sr=8-9&pi =AC_SX110_SY165_QL70 . I haven't seen one of these with great reviews, yet. So I haven't made the leap to purchase, yet. But, I'm seriously considering it. Anyone else try anything similar that they would recommend?

Mar 6, 2014 10:14 AM in response to ehaus

apple tv to a projector with an hdmi input is the easiest and most reliable way. but a lot of in house projectors that you will find in customer's offices will not have hdmi inputs - so you may be forced back to calbles unless you bring your own.

I have though about a small briefcse with an apple tv ($99), a set of cables in case you need them, and a cheap router ($39) so you can create your own network where ever you are. You do not need internet - just a local wifi network. You could also use your phone for a hotspot - apple TV can grab that as well.

Wireless presentations with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.