Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some pages don't render properly after Java update for OSX 10.6.8

I can't seem to get T-mobile.com's website pages to render properly anymore. So far, this is the only website I'm having this issue with, though there could be more I'm not aware of.

I go to www.t-mobile.com and this is what I get:

User uploaded file

I think I might be missing a plug-in, but not sure; if so, I don't know which one or how to get it.

This only started happening after the latest Java update for OSX 10.6.8, which I installed on Feb. 24, 2013. All of T-mobile's pages look like this, except if I go to www.my.t-mobile.com's home page. Then I get a normal page, but after I log in, I get more wierd rendering issues again. So here's the page that appeared normal today:

User uploaded file

And after I log in successfully, I'm back to the wierd rendering issues again:

User uploaded file

I was so lost but then I decided to try a work around to get my online bill and managed to get it, but I don't want to see the pages like this. So help please?

Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logitech mouse, Apple wired keyboard, acer monitor

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 6:15 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2013 6:28 AM in response to schoodle

So, here's more on my point...

I put in the 3 captured screen shots in my original post above. I used Grab to copy the web pages, saved them to my desktop as .tiff files and dropped them in for others to view. This morning, I went to look at my post and instead of seeing the screen shots, I see 3 tiny blue boxes with question marks. When I left click on the boxes, nothing happens. When I right click on them, I get options that are not helpful:

Open Image in New Window

Open Image in New Tab

Download Image

Copy Image Address

Import Image

Capture Selection from Screen

Convert Selected Traditional Chinese Text (why the frack is this an option?)

Convert Selected Simplified Chinese Text (or this an option?)

I checked my Safari Preferences and I see I have checked, under Security, Enable plug-ins, Enable Java, Enable JavaScript.I have to have Java enabled to run a few things.

Did something get corrupted in Safari?

Am I'm missing some plug-ins?

How do I get them back?

I'm going to search the internet. Well, after doing the search, I still don't think I've got what I need. Thinking I might need to reinstall Safari. If this is the case, will I loose all my Bookmarks?

Some pages don't render properly after Java update for OSX 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.