Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I compress HD Video to H.264 how do I burn to an external Blu Ray Burner?

How do I burn to Blu Ray after I've compressed to H.264? Can I go through DVD Studio?

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 7:17 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2013 11:31 AM in response to Russ H

This is what the DVD SP 4 manual says re: H.264 files:

"You can use the H.264 video format, also known as MPEG-4 part 10 and the Advanced Video Codec (AVC), in your HD projects. The H.264 encoder is twice as efficient as the standard MPEG-2 encoder. When compared to encoding with MPEG-2, this means that with the H.264 encoder:... You must use H.264 for HD DVD presets in Compressor to encode H.264 video assets for native use in DVD Studio Pro HD project."

However, i cannot get DVD SP 4 to recognize the .264 encoded files using these presets (Format h.264 for Blu-ray; 1080p @ 29.97fps; NTSC; AVCHD stream). Compressor produces a .264 video format file that DVD SP rejects. Do I have to use the h.264 for Apple Devices format (m4v) instead (which also is supposed to support Chapter Markers created in FCPX)?

After I compress HD Video to H.264 how do I burn to an external Blu Ray Burner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.