Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to determine display make for rMBP 13 inch? Does the model have burn-in issues like rMBP 15 inch?

Read about 15inch rMBP display issues with LG manufacturer is there any issues with 13 inch rMBP (early 2013) and is there a similar command in terminal to determine make. I tried in color sync however it only has a number for manufacturer. Manufacturer: 610

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 9:17 PM

5 replies

Aug 7, 2013 4:04 PM in response to Rackham12

Via Frank Caggiano on this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3635807?start=0&tstart=0

Frank Caggiano

Open a terminal window and enter the following:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

So on my 21.5 inch iMac I get this:

Pandora:~ frank$ ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

LM215WF3-SLA1

Color LCD

Pandora:~ frank$

Google the model number and you'll get the manufacturers data sheet (as well as tons of other info). For this iMac part of the spec sheet is:

User uploaded file

regards

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - So you can see the Lamp Type: WLED white LED

iMac 3.06ghz 8gb 1 TB, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Aperture 3.2.2

Is there a way to determine display make for rMBP 13 inch? Does the model have burn-in issues like rMBP 15 inch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.