Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from Facebook

Now I'm getting no sound from Facebook videos, e. g. Wimp.com. I can use Safari to find and play the same wimp videos and the sound is fine. Audio with my music and spotify is normal. What's wrong with Facebook? Cycled between airport and iPad audio, no change.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 9:04 PM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2013 9:12 PM in response to ph2738

There may be a corrupt file in the iPad, don't worry you don't need to reinstall OS6 what ever it is at the moment... Just try and reinstall the application.. If it still doesn't work there may be a bug or glitch in the app itself.. Just download a different Facebook app... E.g my pad or the official Facebook app

Thanks Mac King

Feb 28, 2013 2:17 PM in response to ph2738

I found some videos on facebook that the audio works. These were sumbitted by freinds. The ones that don't work are the ones from Wimp.com. Most youtube videos played by the youtube app have sound but I think I have found a few that don't work. Maybe Wimp.com videos are mostly Quicktime, indicating something wrong with the Quicktime codeq on the iPad.

No sound from Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.